After taking a break from blogging, linking, Tweeting, Facebooking, and the like over the holidays, I was excited to start the New Year and get back to it.
I guess I enjoy this more than I realized, but I had forgotten how all-consuming it can be and how difficult it is to juggle all the different roles I try to fulfill on a daily basis.
Over time, I’ve learned I need to be picky and choosy with how I spend my time. Cleaning? It only needs to be done once a week. Laundry? It isn’t a priority until I run out of yoga pants. Email from my bitchy friend who neglected to call until my child was 4 months old? Send straight to my trash folder.
All that matters are the 3 people that reside within these 4 walls.
But I still feel guilty a lot of the time. The place isn’t as clean as it once was, I’m a horrible cook, I wish I had more time to interact on Twitter and read more blogs, and I’m sick to the teeth of that friend of mine saying how busy I must be with my blog in that condescending voice of hers.
Last week, when I was lamenting how tired I was, The Hubs really surprised me and said, “I’m not surprised. Between us and your blog, you work 2 full-time jobs. And you’re awesome at both of them.”
It’s such a shame Aunt Flow was in town or I would’ve put on Tracy Chapman’s “Give Me One Reason” and done a strip tease for him right then and there.
Of course, he said this while reading emails on his phone. But still. He said it.
After I dry-humped his leg while he took a business call, I realized I don’t give The Hubs enough credit. He’s come a long way in the last 2 years in finding ways to woo me.
Here are 5 new and exciting things my husband does to get laid:
1. He does the dishes. After obsessively washing and sanitizing my hands since the onset of flu season, my hands started to spontaneously crack and bleed every time I moved my fingers. So, without any prompting from me, The Hubs has taken it upon himself to do the dinner dishes every night in hopes my hands will heal and he will one day be able to eat his mashed potatoes without seeing streaks of blood in them.
2. He pumps gas. A few months ago, I accidentally admitted I don’t always put premium gas into our car. The Hubs decided he’d take on this task from now on, and I haven’t had to pump gas in at least 3 months. He’s thoughtful like that.
3. He feigns annoyance. On the nights when he has to attend a social function for work, he calls to tell me how much happier he would be if he could cancel and come home. Of course, he never actually cancels, but those phone calls really mean a lot to me.
4. He babysits. After buying our daughter the Vtech Go! Go! Smartwheels Garage and assorted Legos for Christmas, he has a greater capacity to sit and play with her for hours on end on the weekends, giving me a break to do fun things like scrub the toilets and fold the laundry.
5. He reads my mind. On Sunday nights, after I’ve washed our sheets, cleaned our condo from top to bottom, and stocked our fridge, he stops me mid-dinner prep, carefully removes the butcher’s knife from my hand, and says, “baby, you need a break. Let’s order sushi tonight.”
Woooo! Is it hot in here, or is it just me?
How does your husband turn YOU on these days?
If I made you laugh, I’d be thrilled if you would please click THIS LINK and vote for me for
the Circle of Moms Top 25 Funny Moms of 2013.
You can vote for me every 24 hours.
You can also vote for me everyday
over on topmommyblogs.com by clicking the logo below.
THANKS SO MUCH!